Depending on a few factors, I can see many people loving this resort while it would not be great for others. Some potential issues with the hotel for many would be as follows:
- There was no internet service.
- At least in our room, there was no hot water. Meaning cold showers. I wanted to call the front desk about this issue, but alas, the rooms have no phones, and it is a very long climb from my room to the reception area.
- There is no air conditioning. At just over 2000 feet in altitude, it is considerably cooler than low-lying areas in the Philippines. However, it is still the tropics, and the room was hot during the daytime.
- The great majority of TV channels were non-english. There were a few english channels, but no premium HBO, Cinemax, movie channels.
- My room was approximately 120 steps down the mountain from the main pool/reception/restaurant area. It is a difficult walk for anyone not in shape.
The smiling staff, great location and excellent architecture of the hotel make up for many other deficiencies I mentioned above. It is a very nice resort. Don't forget to bring mosquito repellent if you go there!